Who am I

Causes of low levels of testosterone

The young males decreased testosterone levels may be caused by genetic conditions such as:

– Klinefelter syndrome, a condition in which males have an extra X chromosome

– Hemochromatosis, a disorder in which too much iron is stored in body tissues, including the pituitary gland

– Kallmann syndrome – genetic disease that affects the X chromosome in males

– Prader-Willi syndrome – disorder for which genitals are underdeveloped and often testicles do not descend into the scrotum

– Myotonic dystrophy or adult Muscular Dystrophy.

Other causes are common in young people:

– Trauma to the testicles

– Inflammation of the testicles caused by this mumps after puberty

– Radiotherapy or chemotherapy

– Testicular tumor treatment

– Removal of the testes due to cancer

– Tumors of the pituitary gland

– Medications such as narcotics, steroids and prednisonemuscular guy

– HIV AIDS.

– Medical conditions, such as tuberculosis, fungal infections and autoimmune diseases affecting the pituitary gland.

Aging causes a decrease in normal testosterone production in men. This is sometimes called andropause. Andropause occurs usually between 40-55 years. Since the age of 40, testosterone production decreases by about 1% every year.

Symptoms of low testosterone levels

Decline in testosterone is normal because aging causes decreased levels of testosterone more sharply than other hormones in the body.

Consult your doctor if you experience any of the following signs:

– Progressive decrease in muscle mass

– Decrease in sexual desire or libido

– ED

– Heaviness or increasing the number of kilograms

– Sleep disturbances

– Feeling irritable or angry

– Loss of motivation

– Problems with memory and concentration

– Low self-confidence

– Fatigue

– Depression

– Low energy

– Bone loss.

Diagnostic

Through a simple blood test you can determine the level of testosterone test for measuring serum total testosterone is the most common objections. The samples are to be collected in the morning, when the testicles usually release more testosterone.

Normal results usually range between 300-1000 ntdl (or nmolL 10-38). Total testosterone levels that are lower than 250 ng (8.5 nmolL) indicate very low levels of this hormone and may need testosterone replacement treatment.

Approximately 98% of blood testosterone is linked to two proteins and is not available to body tissues. The remaining 2% which circulate freely in various ways influence the body’s tissues.